Saturday-Scape
*~~~* ANNOUNCEMENT *~~~*
SURPRISEE !@
New forums are up. Change in server name.
Whole new look. Please register as fast as you can!
Please meet the new (Saturdayscape) at --
http://www.desolationscape.forumotion.com
Hope to see you guys there soon ! !
As of Diluted, and Tyrawwrr quiting.
At least 1 owner spot will be open.
But as of now. Thanks for reading.

-All the best
-Staff/Faculty
Saturday-Scape

317 Runescape Private Server

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Vote !Vote !  Vote !Vote !  Vote !Vote !  
Please go to the new forums/server- http://www.desolationscape.pure-forum.net
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Server-Status
Server Status
Top posters
xxDiluted2xx

Happy Man

Tyrawwrr

kopy

headshoot

mitch

lildude783

shad0w

Aragornian

mickeymouse

Latest topics
» I FUCKING GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:21 pm by tzhaar

» Forum Updates (Other)
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:18 pm by tzhaar

» Fourm suggestions maybe by: tzhaar(:
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:17 pm by tzhaar

» New server name maybee?
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 pm by tzhaar

» Tzhaar for mod(:
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 pm by tzhaar

» Our new source
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:07 pm by tzhaar

» Updates - Server Related - [MUST SEE] to know most commands etc.
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:06 pm by tzhaar

» RELEASED 5/8/09
Tue May 12, 2009 10:08 am by lildude783

» I think im done
Tue May 12, 2009 10:00 am by lildude783

Affiliates

Share | 

Bulking up!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
headshoot
Owner
Owner

Ponts : 3578

PostSubject: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:58 am

So some of you might find it a little hard to bulk up *mitch*, so im going to help you out a little. This is not mine I got it off the internet. !WARNING! Do not Lift weights if you are under 15 its bad for you! It can stunt your growth Alternatives are crunchs and push-ups.
REMEMBER IT TAKES TIME TO BULK UP!

How to Gain Weight and Bulk Up
by Anthony Ellis
The Skinny Guy's Muscle and Weight Gain Site

If you are thin and want to get bigger and gain weight, here's some "how to gain weight" information that I think you may be able to use.

There are several reasons why most people fail in their programs and don't gain weight:

Improper diet.
Most people are not eating enough protein and eating too many simple carbs and not eating a weight gain diet.

They are not stressing their muscles during each workout.
You don't have to kill yourself, but you must subject your body to out-of-the-ordinary stress each workout to grow muscle and to gain weight.Why Should You Workout?

There are many, many benefits to regular physical fitness. Benefits of exercising range from the obvious:

lower body weight

decreased risk of diseases
lower body fat
improved physical appearance
And the less known benefits:

reduced instances of depression
more positive self-esteem
better sleeping patterns
more energy & stamina

Read below for some highlights of why working out is so important and beneficial to everyone!

Strength Training helps increase your metabolism because muscle uses more calories to maintain itself than fat. So the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn every day, not just when you are exercising. For more information on this subject, click here to read a recently published article about the benefits of resistance training.

Your metabolism slows as you get older. This is primarily due to a decrease in muscle tissue. After the age of 30, your body gradually begins to lose it's muscle. If your activity level stays the same and the amount of calories you eat stay the same, you will still gain weight because your metabolism has slowed down. However, if you exercise with weights and do some type of aerobic activity on a regular basis, you probably won't notice much of a change in your metabolism as you age.

Strength Training helps your bones. Research has found that weight training can increase spinal bone mineral density by 13 percent in six months. So strength training is a powerful tool against osteoporosis.

You can lose 1 pound simply by cutting out 300 calories a day for one week and exercising for just 30 minutes just four times? And cutting out 300 calories a day is as simple as not buttering your roll/bread (just 3 Tbsp. of butter = 300 calories) or drinking two glasses of water instead of two cans of cola.

Exercise provides benefits not only for you physically but also for your mental well-being. Regular exercise has been linked to helping reduce depression.

Regardless of your body appearance, regular fitness helps improve your self-esteem.

Exercise can help you sleep better. People who exercise tend to fall asleep quicker and stay asleep longer.

Working out increases your anaerobic threshold. This allows you to work or exercise longer at a higher level.

Strength training prevents muscle loss. Dieting (reducing calories) tends to cause a loss in muscle. You can help avoid this by lifting weights while reducing your calorie intake. Strength training will help you preserve muscle, while also losing fat.

Exercise helps reduce some symptoms of menopause (like hot flashes, irregular sleep and irritability) and it helps lower the long-term risks of cardiovascular disease.

Regular exercise helps improve cholesterol levels. It helps decrease total cholesterol levels and increase "good" cholesterol levels.

Working out can provide caridopulmonary improvements. It helps decrease blood pressure and lower resting heart rate.

Leaner total body. Physical fitness increases your lean (fat-free) body percentage (and of course decrease your body fat percentage).So, the more muscles you build from strength training, the more calories you will burn (even at rest). Plus, building muscles will also help keep your metabolic rate constant. Without strength training, typically a person gradually loses about 5% of their metabolic rate every decade.

Reduced Risk Of Injury. All forms of exercise (but especially flexibility training exercises) help reduce the risk of injuries.

They lack consistency.
They do not stay focused throughout the entire 12-week period. If they don't see results immediately, they get discouraged and quit. You have got to stick with your plan to gain weight. No program will work for you if you are not consistent.
To gain weight and bulk up, you have to be willing to do whatever it takes, and work as hard as necessary and you have to be consistent. Your body responds to consistency. Sometimes it may get to the point of obsession, but it has to be that way for you to reach your goal.

Here's some basic how to gain weight information and things you should be doing to help you bulk up:

To gain weight you must eat more calories than your body burns off, so EAT MORE! The most important thing that I cannot over stress is that you need to eat to gain weight. You need to eat like you've never eaten before. (but not junk food like donuts and chips or candy). In other words, you need a weight gain diet.

Start eating six meals per day (space them out to about once every three hours). This is a weight gain diet used by those who know what they're doing.

Increase your protein intake and reduce your simple carbohydrate intake. Without protein your body cannot build new muscle.

Keep your workouts under one hour. Short and intense!

Concentrate on free weight exercises that work the large muscle groups. The best weight training exercises for building mass are the simple ones. For mass, stick with compound free weight exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench presses, barbell rows, pull ups and bar dips.

Use heavy weights and low reps, rest 3 minutes between each set.

Do only 2-3 exercises per body part.

Split your workout. Since you have a very high metabolism like me, you need to train with more intensity, but less frequently.

Day 1: Chest, shoulders and triceps GREEN when to work out RED when to rest.
Day 2: Rest Day 3: Back, and Bicep
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Legs and abs
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Increase you water intake. A good formula for this is to multiply your bodyweight by .66 to get the required number of ounces per day.

Protein

You should consume (1) scope (33 g) daily Even on your resting days. Serious athletes like (ME) consume (1-2) scoops immediately after your workout "FOR ADULTS" ONLY! I have taken Whey when I was 17 so I dont think is should hurt a minor.

Creatine

Let me start by saying that creatine is a type off steriod. It is no means by harmful, it does have side effects.
Please do not take this product and consume it if you are 16 and under. Read the directions on the back creatine and whey are sold in ther store if you do not want to go out and buy these. The alternative is eat heavy foods like pasta,chicken all lot off meats. Do not take creatine over a long period off time. It only should be taken up to 2-weeks nothing more than that over 2 weeks can result into serious issues.
Wait about 2 months then start back on creatine again for only 2-weeks and rotate. You would be better by just taking Whey Protein.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happy Man
VIP
VIP

Ponts : 3640

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:32 am

umm, ok then...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshoot
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:56 am

i like it =) thats were I got to were I am today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happy Man
VIP
VIP

Ponts : 3640

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 am

cool. And btw happy birthday headshoot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitch
Co Owner
Co Owner

Ponts : 3561

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:41 am

wtf are you kidding me lol im 14 im bulk enough lol whats up with *mitch* lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxDiluted2xx
Owner
Owner

Ponts : 3873

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:58 am

I know right.. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ttedy_aka_tannera
headshoot
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 am

thank you happy man *mitch* as in you can only bench what 90lbs. lol its not good for you to lift alot of weight though its a provin fact. And im just messing witcha mitch I know its hard for you to get 12inch-arms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitch
Co Owner
Co Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:59 am

lol 90... i can a least put on like 145 i think i have not maxed for a long time but i dont lift every day i just do it like 2 or 3 times a week not much because i have track plus im 6,2 and im in 8th grade rofl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshoot
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:03 pm

kew but you would have to put alot more weight on the bar for me. how much you weigh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitch
Co Owner
Co Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bulking up!   Mon May 04, 2009 5:21 am

like 160 i think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshoot
Owner